Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Happy Valentine's Day


We celebrated Valentine's Day together at supper time. I think my Mom instilled in me the art of making holidays special for my kids. In Mom-fashion -- I made heart shaped pancakes for the kids, we used festive plates and even lit a candle, and had pink grapefruit. For dessert we all enjoyed homemade chocolate suckers. The kids were so anxious to open their Valentine packages...can you tell?? Of course, Luke is still most interested in tasting the paper.




The kids love giving Luke hugs and kisses. Today he received too many to count. He is a happy recipient!
I hope this is a Valentine's day they will remember...

3 comments:

christy said...

major mom points on the valentine's dinner, especially the homemade suckers...do we get a recipe? we make heart shaped pizza for dinner...guess we both get mom points... :)

kim said...

Not much of a recipe for the suckers -- I melted chocolate pieces (bought from Whole Foods to avoid the hydrogenated soybean oil type they sell at the craft store) and poured them into heart-shaped sucker molds. :-)

Not sure if I get mom points for these....?

christy said...

oh, i am very extravagant with the mom points...you get lots! :)