Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Locks of Love

July 1st marks the date of the big chop -- I had a 10" long pony tail cut off to donate to Locks of Love (an organization that makes wigs for kids).

Before....



 After.....

When I came home I went around to the backyard where the kids were playing in the sandbox. Luke told me to "put my ponytail back on" and when I told him I couldn't put it back on, he said "go inside". Evidently he was pretty upset that Mommy cut her hair. But they eventually got used to it and now they think pictures of me with longer hair don't look like Mommy. Funny how that works....

More than 4 months have passed and my cute, angled hair cut is in need of a refresher. Time to find a stylist to work her magic (the gal who cut my hair closed her salon as she took a job as a dispatcher).

1 comment:

Michelle said...

SO cute, Kim! That's a great haircut, I love how it falls in the back in such great layers! I hope you can find someone to get you another cute style, it's so fun to have short hair. I did locks of love last summer, and I'm not sure I'll ever go back to long hair. It was fun though to go from so long to so short so fast! :-) Happy Thanksgiving!