Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our Christmas Tree

A new tree!  We have had a little table-top tree for the last 4 years.  It was fun to get a bigger tree this year!  I found a tall, skinny tree which fits perfectly in our living room.
After several years with our small tree that didn't hold many ornaments, the kids had so much fun discovering all the ornaments we could hang on our tree.  

Each year the kids receive ornaments from us and from Nana and Papa (a tradition my parents began when I was young).  There were several ornaments that we have never been able to hang up because they were too big for our little tree.  What a gift for me to watch the kids unwrap and discover the ornaments - each one had a special memory for us - from different times in our lives.  It was fun to talk about them with the kids.  And to share the ornaments that I received as a child.  They learned new things about me and what things I liked as a child.  A great afternoon together!

No comments: