Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day


What a beautiful day today! Pat commented at dinner tonight that today seemed surreal -- it was sunny, warm and we could open our windows - fresh air in the apartment! The kids had fun riding their bikes and playing with friends. It's neat to wake up to the warm sun streaming in our windows and see little bursts of color coming out of the ground. We're enjoying the beauty of the bulbs beginning to bloom. This past fall was my first attempt at planting bulbs. I actually bought the "Bulbs for Dummies" from WalMart -- it was $10 for 50 bulbs (I think). So far so good.....

We had fun together this morning making shamrock cut-out cookies. I found a great cookie dough mix at Whole Foods this morning without soybean! Jacob and Hannah took turns rolling and we all helped cut out the shamrocks and decorated them with green sugar. Luke had a feast of Cheerios and enjoyed watching us bake. He's such a good baby. For dinner we ate the traditional St. Patrick's day grub -- corned beef and cabbage as we listened to some of my favorite Irish music. The evening wasn't complete until I did a little Irish dancing ;-) for the kids as they waited for dessert (I'm sure you were hoping for a picture of this -- Pat wasn't quick enough).


The kids enjoyed sharing their cookies with their friends on the patio. They would have given the whole plate of cookies to all their friends, if I had given them permission. I'm grateful they have a spirit of generosity.

No comments: