Friday, April 6, 2007

Budding Artists?


Jacob loves to do art projects! He likes to color with crayons and markers, paint - with sponges or brushes - (but not his fingers - he doesn't like to get too messy), draw, cut and paste, and make designs with stickers. His favorite medium right now is markers on construction paper and he's been practicing with his scissors too. I took some pictures of him a few days ago as he was working on a project. He got artsy and displayed the markers with the art work after he was done drawing and then he asked me to take a picture of his display. His favorite things to draw -- you guessed it ---- BIRDS!
He also had fun outside with Hannah and his friends earlier this week painting with water. They painted the walls, the steps, the picnic table, trees, the sidewalk. It was great fun! (I wish I would have gotten a picture of this!)

Hannah and Jacob enjoy painting and doing crafts together. We try to do projects when Luke is sleeping. Jacob's preschool has been a good match for him -- his teacher does a lot of art projects with the kids. This simplifies my life a little - he often has his craft/art fix at school and then he is content to do other things at home. I loved coloring and drawing as a child -- it's fun now to be able to do these things with my kids!

Luke has two new forms of art that he enjoys -- banging bowls in the kitchen while I cook!
And playing instruments with Jacob and Hannah!

No comments: