Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

A recap of our day (I can't believe we fit all of these things into one day): I hid Easter eggs/presents while Pat read the Easter story to Jacob and Hannah. Jacob, Hannah and Luke hunted for Easter eggs! Hannah kept up with Jacob.The kids opened their packages from their Grandparents -- they had exhibited great patience waiting to open the packages. Both packages arrived well before Easter. Thanks Nana H, and Nana and Papa K!
We dyed Easter eggs together. We made an egg for each person in our family and for our dinner guests who would be arriving shortly -- or so we thought :-) Luke was sleeping peacefully and he was so quiet that we forgot to make an egg for him! But I ended up using some of my scrapbook letter stickers to put his name on a plain egg. We used the eggs as place markers on the table.
I cooked and prepared the table for our noon meal. Pat entertained the kids.
We had three guests for dinner - John, Mark and Teri. We shared a yummy meal! We played/visited after lunch for a while. Mark read books to Hannah and Jacob had his first Earth Sciences lesson from Teri (geology major). He loved it!
We got ready for church in our Easter best.
We rejoiced in the risen Lord together at church!

Christ is Risen! Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kim! Looks like you had a great Easter. You have always been so hospitable, I still think often of when you'd have me over for lunch during my break when I worked at First Pres, that was always so fun. Wish we could still do that! Our kids would probably love to play together. :-)